Hangar 3 Timber Repair Scaffold and Shoring Tower
Originally built in 1943 by the U.S. Navy, Hangars Two and Three were designed for housing blimps. The Hangars are located in San Jose on the Moffett Federal Airfield. Since steel was in high demand for military vehicles, the original structures were framed with wood. To address the dilapidation of the wooden structures, Olson Steel built the framing for the scaffolding with structural steel columns, trusses and bracing. Olson utilized 2 crawler cranes to erect the upper portion of the tower.